Tuesday, March 4, 2008

About This Site

Hi there. I'm Loren Radis, and I don't capitalize.

there, that's better. i'm a singer/songwriter and i've been playing shows locally in central california for about a year now. during that time i scoured the internet for some kind of resource site for indie/local artists that would help me (see: tell me what to do) as far as finding gigs, getting fans, writing songs, all that jazz. i never really found what i was looking for, and i suddenly had the brilliant (see: crazy) idea to make my own!

throughout my time searching for such a resource i did find a lot of very helpful sites that answered some, but not all, of the questions i had. the goal of this site is to bring the information from all these disparate resources to one site to make it easier for other beginning musicians like me to get started on the right path.

now, i've got to give you a little disclaimer, as i said i've only been playing out for about a year, and i'm by no means a success. i still have my day job and i'm still playing to crowds of about twenty-forty people on average two or three times a month. however, i feel that some of the things i've learned could benefit other people in similar situations, so i'm gonna do my best!

thanks for stopping by, and i hope you find what you're looking for!

-loren

No comments: